A Green, Energy-Efficient, Stainless Steel Cookware Manufacturer
Americraft Cookware has works determinedly to help sustain our world. We routinely search for and implement ways to benefit our customers and the planet we all share.
Our dedication to green technology and practices has earned us approval ratings from the following organizations, programs and initiatives:
- Green-E – 100% of the energy we use is produced by renewable energy sources such as wind, water and solar power.
EPA Green Power Partner - Americraft is recognized by the EPA as a Green Power Partner. One hundred percent of Americraft's energy usage is generated from wind — an environmentally preferable renewable resource.
- Green America Approved Business - As members of Green Business Network at Green America, they have certified that we have made extraordinary commitments to fair treatment of our employees and workers in our supply chain, promote healthy communiites, preserve the environment and deliver quality products to our customers.
- U.S. Green Building Council - Americraft is a proud member of the U.S. Green Building Council. Our factory was constructed keeping the environment in mind.
- Green Seal – We use Portion Pac concentrated environmentally-friendly cleaners, most of which are Green Seal-certified.
Recycling Partner – Green Bay Packaging
Our exclusive supplier of shipping containers provides packaging made from 30% - 100% recycled fiber, completely eliminating our use of Styrofoam. 70% recyclable bags protect cookware during shipping. Green Bay Packaging also complies with the following:
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) Label Use and Fiber Sourcing Certification, earned for the manufacture of corrugated shipping containers and sheets. Green Bay Packaging exceeds SFI standards with 90% of raw material from certified sources and/or recycled content.
- Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified
- 64% Renewable Energy
- 69% Recycled Content
- 57% Post-Consumer Content
- 100% End-of-Life Recyclable
- 100% Portion of Product Reclaimable
But the eco-friendliness doesn’t stop there – it continues through all aspects of our company. Our facilities and employees utilize the following green products and procedures:
- We use printer paper made from 30% minimum post-consumer recycled content and ruled paper made from 100% recycled content.
- We recycle all metal scrap generated during manufacturing.
- We recycle all aluminum cans, paper, cardboard and wood pallets that we can’t reuse internally.
- Our plant uses paper towels made from 100% recycled content and bath tissue made from 100% recycled/30% post-consumer content.
- Our manufacturing process uses an environmentally friendly soap with a neutral pH of 7.
- Because of our environmentally friendly processing, the EPA, DNR and local utilities do not impose permits regulating our protocols.
- Half the energy consumption
- Green-E Certified manufacturing
- The industry’s highest environmental standards
- Eco-centric production
- Less impact on the planet
- Closed-loop internal air filtering
- No VOCs (volatile organic compounds)
- Reverse osmosis to reduce water consumption and filter discharge
- Natural cleaning methods
- No toxic residue
- Recycled, re-used and reduced waste
- Less oil in production
- Sustainable manufacturing and resource preservation
- Vapor® Cooking Technology saves water
- Heat and energy-efficient cookware